Thanks for your interest in Soap Distillery! Here's a little information about the company:
photo credit: Ronit Bezalel Photography
- Soap Distillery is a company that makes booze themed bath and body care.
- Soap Distillery's operations are located on the Northwest side of Chicago.
- Soap Distillery was founded in 2012 by me, Danielle!
- I am a 100% self taught creator who has years of extensive experience under my belt.
- All of my products are made right here, in the USA.
- Among the list of products I make are soaps, sugar scrubs, lip balms, and much more.
- Soap Distillery is a black owned, woman owned company.
Soap Distillery was founded by me, Danielle, as an answer to a rather boring problem: I was tired of the same ol' options I kept finding in the store. I decided to learn how to make my own soap, and put a boozy spin on it. The idea wasn't to smell drunk, but to make cocktail themed soaps with deliciously layered scents.As glossedandfound.com mentions,
"And we promise these suds, scrubs and bubbles will never leave you smelling like a hipster barback with an affinity for Bourbon, but instead indulging your body in the sensorial experience—think vanilla, vetiver and clove.
I pride myself on making the scents smell good, but also making sure that the scent layering is correct and balanced. Bicycling Magazine breaks down my process a little bit:
"you can’t just dump in a bunch of Maker’s Mark and end up with a bourbon-scented product. So Martin breaks down each component of a scent, then finds an essential oil that matches. For bourbon that means adding vanilla, wood, and spice notes"
These scents are perfect for the cocktail enthusiast, foodie, or adventurous person in your life. There's really something here for everyone. Sometimes the solutions to life's problems are much more simple that you would have thought. Chicago Magazine put's in eloquently:
"Danielle Martin has figured out a better hangover cure than hair of the dog: hair-of-the-dog soap."
Would you like to feature Soap Distillery in your publication or blog? Please fill out the form below and get in contact with me. Looking forward to talking to you!